Public IPv6 DNS Servers

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Dec 24 15:43:34 CET 2010

I put together a list here:
http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/DNS_and_Naming_Issues#Recursive_DNS_server
s_that_support_IPv6

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: ipv6-ops-bounces+frnkblk=iname.com at lists.cluenet.de
[mailto:ipv6-ops-bounces+frnkblk=iname.com at lists.cluenet.de] On Behalf Of
Tord Førland
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:40 PM
To: ipv6-ops at lists.cluenet.de
Subject: Public IPv6 DNS Servers

Hi guys!

As I was testing out Googles new free DNS server today, I noticed that it
lacks IPv6 connectivity.

>From their FAQ;

Q: Does Google Public DNS support IPv6?
A: Google Public DNS can respond to requests for IPv6 addresses (AAAA
requests), but it does not yet support native IPv6 transport and cannot talk
to IPv6-only authoritative nameservers. Clients should use IPv4 network
connections to use Google Public DNS.

Are there others out there that may be reached via IPv6? Nice to have, when
testing IPv6-only networks..

... or perhaps the Google Santa will bring us something? Who knows..

Seasonal greetings to all of you, and great work spreading the v6-love!

Best Regards,
Tord Førland
E-mail: tord.forland at gmail.com | Cell: (+47) 92424976