Cisco 1801W, v6 on wireless, bvi argh.

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Wed Aug 4 17:27:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 04:22:05PM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> Which brings up the issue: why was adding ipv6 support to BVIs so difficult
> in the first place?  I would love to know what tortured coding hacks were
> required to implement this, because sure as hell, if this were a relatively
> simple matter, Cisco would have implemented it long ago.

Given that it *still* doesn't work to have routed WiFi interfaces with
IPv6, it must be something so horrible that we'll all go back to DECnet
or Appletalk if we learn about it...

gert
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  155817

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279