fixed configuration 48 port layer 3 routers

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Fri Nov 7 01:33:33 CET 2008

Hi,

> Not an endorsement, but it seems the HP Procurve 3500yl-48G-PWR (copy
> paste model number from their site) might be.  I'm deploying a 5406zl,
> which is essentially the modular version of that switch.  So far it's
> going well. We're actively working on an issue with engineering though,
> but it seems to be isolated to AAA (802.1x or mac-based auth).  Too
> early to tell there.
>
> As for v6, I've not really started to push/test v6 on the switch yet.

Do you have a beta firmware? The publically available software can only
be an IPv6 host so far (for management, just like e.g. the Cisco 2960
L2-Switches) and possibly to MLD snooping, but cannot route it.

Mike, have a look at Cisco 3560G/3750G (ME6500 for more features, but
that only has 24 copper + 8 SFP and is more expensive) or Foundry FESX(E).

Bernhard