IPv6 NS glue registration (was Re: getting DNS config to clients)

Phil Pennock ipv6-ops+phil at spodhuis.org
Sun Apr 20 11:16:49 CEST 2008

On 2008-04-17 at 05:11 -0400, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> As a (small) ISP and a relay-type name registrar, who do you deal with that
> can provide me with IPv6 DNS entries at the domain registrar level?

You mean, handle AAAA glue records?

I have a number of personal domains registered through joker.com who can
do handle this; they have various reseller interfaces which I've not
investigated in depth.

They didn't handle an NS record which _only_ has AAAA and no A; they go
for A or A+AAAA where I wanted them split as I have more confidence that
resolvers can skip unreachable servers than that they'll retry all of
the IP addresses for a given server if one address is unreachable.
Joker's support were kind enough to set this up manually for me.

See NS: ns-nl1.globnix.net.

% dig +short +norec -t aaaa ns-nl1.globnix.net @a.gtld-servers.net
2001:980:fff:31::5

-Phil