Connectivity to Latin American NRENs

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Fri Oct 12 21:55:29 CEST 2007

On 11-Oct-2007, at 0420, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 02:33:26AM +0200, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
>> this is my usual whining about the sad state of the global IPv6
>> routing
>> in certain parts of the DFZ. Today's episode is about the mess one
>> has
>> to cross when trying to reach most educational destinations in Latin
>> America as well as Canada. I've tried to reach someone responsible by
>> mail for the last four weeks, but failed to get any response.
>
> Next week there's the NANOG meeting in the US.
>
> Is someone on this list who would volunteer to take this to NANOG, and
> raise a stink^Wgood discussion on the topic?

I'm not sure how many CANARIE people generally come to NANOG. A
better bet is to raise the issue with Bill St Arnaud and see what he
says.

As for other educational networks, I kind of doubt that NANOG is the
right audience, since anybody there from an NREN is probably a
researcher rather than a policymaker. But you never know, I guess.
There are lightning talk slots open if people want to stand up and
speak to the crowd.

Joe