IPv6 Type 0 Routing Header issues

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Sun May 13 19:29:13 CEST 2007

On 13-mei-2007, at 19:02, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino 2.0 wrote:

>> "Handle" isn't the same as "forward".

> 	the packet will be addressed to the NODE (ip6_dst == one of the
> 	NODE's addresses) if the node is an intermediate hop of the routing
> 	header type 0.

> 	we (KAME) have checked with Steve Deering 1000 times, and he is sure
> 	he wants it to be handled ("forwarded" in your terminlogy) by HOSTS
> 	as well as ROUTERS - that means "NODES".

> 	didn't you check my message on Apr27?

I don't think you understand my point.

I have a hard time imagining that the current behavior is what Steve
Deering intended. But even if he did, it's obviously bad behavior and
it needs to be fixed.

Was the message from the 27th the one about the end of the world? I
couldn't tell whether you were joking or not...

>> BTW, I got your message four times... What gives?

> 	how come?  i only sent it once.

Got it twice directly from you, twice through the list, this message
too. IPv6 is so great, you get twice as many mail.