IPv6 Type 0 Routing Header issues

Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino 2.0 itojun at itojun.org
Sun May 13 19:47:07 CEST 2007

> >> "Handle" isn't the same as "forward".
>
> > 	the packet will be addressed to the NODE (ip6_dst == one of the
> > 	NODE's addresses) if the node is an intermediate hop of the routing
> > 	header type 0.
>
> > 	we (KAME) have checked with Steve Deering 1000 times, and he is sure
> > 	he wants it to be handled ("forwarded" in your terminlogy) by HOSTS
> > 	as well as ROUTERS - that means "NODES".
>
> > 	didn't you check my message on Apr27?
>
> I don't think you understand my point.

	ok, how can you think you can beat me?
	you are chewing my sleeping time.

> I have a hard time imagining that the current behavior is what Steve
> Deering intended. But even if he did, it's obviously bad behavior and
> it needs to be fixed.

	because KAME code is trying to be the reference code for IPv6
	(just like BSD IPv4 was for IPv4 protocol), we really cared whatever
	the spec writer said.  and we really checked with Steve Deering
	tons of times.  if you are in doubt try to find him on a fishing boat.

> Was the message from the 27th the one about the end of the world? I
> couldn't tell whether you were joking or not...

	i'm serious as hell about the content of the message on Apr27.
	i used foul language but i put a warning at the top, so it's your
	own responsiblity if you got offended in any way.

itojun