IPv6 Type 0 Routing Header issues

Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino 2.0 itojun at itojun.org
Sun May 13 19:02:14 CEST 2007

> >> How can the behavior where a HOST forwards a packet not be an
> >> implementation problem?
>
> > 	well, read RFC2460 section 4.4 carefully.  all the references on
> > 	who should handle routing header is made by NODES (= routers +
> > hosts),
> > 	not ROUTERS.
>
> "Handle" isn't the same as "forward".

	the packet will be addressed to the NODE (ip6_dst == one of the
	NODE's addresses) if the node is an intermediate hop of the routing
	header type 0.

	we (KAME) have checked with Steve Deering 1000 times, and he is sure
	he wants it to be handled ("forwarded" in your terminlogy) by HOSTS
	as well as ROUTERS - that means "NODES".

	didn't you check my message on Apr27?

> BTW, I got your message four times... What gives?

	how come?  i only sent it once.

itojun