2 new GRH Tools: Which prefixes does my ASN miss? & Who misses my prefix?

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Sun Jan 21 22:39:10 CET 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> Hank Nussbacher wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>>
>> C00l t00l!  Is AT&T - AS5623 & AS7018 peering down since all /32s that I
>> checked don't appear in their tables, yet you don't mark them down in
>> italics as "Not seen at all by GRH, peering down?"
>
> Because that part was a bit buggy ;) They don't have a peering at the
> moment, I'll contact them and the others about that.
>
> From now on it only marks ASN's as 'green' thus "GRH peer" when there is
> a peering configured. When the peering is down though it will show up as
> a green mark. In the LG these are marked as "peering down?" like before.
>
> Other comments/hints/problems/suggestions/etc always welcome of course ;)

After your message, i've contacted my upstream, and it seems they will get
some routes that now are labeled by the tool as "missing". However, the
majority in that set doesn't have a route6 object in the RIPEdb (or by
that matter on any other IRR...).

So perhaps we need to encourage people a bit more to do things in v6
exactly the same way they do in v4. :-)

> Greets,
> Jeroen
>
> (who should also add those tools that Daniel Roesen suggested once...)

Best Regards,

Carlos Friac,as                                            See:
Wide Area Network Working Group (WAN)                      www.gigapix.pt
FCCN - Fundacao para a Computacao Cientifica Nacional      www.ipv6.eu
Av. do Brasil, n.101                                       www.6diss.org
1700-066 Lisboa                                            www.geant2.net
Tel: +351 218440100 Fax: +351 218472167
www.fccn.pt

  "Internet is just routes (198574/730), naming (billions) and... people!"

Aviso de Confidencialidade
Esta mensagem e' exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatario, podendo
conter informacao CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgacao esta' expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteudo
de imediato.

Warning
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee.
It may contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this
message has been received by error, please notify us via e-mail or by
telephone +351 218440100 and delete it immediately.