6BONE shutdown

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon May 8 17:15:37 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 04:57:42PM +0200, Mattias.Lignell at teliasonera.com wrote:
> I did not attend the RIPE52 my self. However, from what I have been told
> is the recommendation, from the IPv6 working group, that transit
> providers continue to route IPv6.

Can't speak for "the IPv6 working group", but my recommendation was
"don't filter it in BGP (it might end up causing damage, years later),
but actually talk to whoever is announcing you 3FFE space and make them
stop doing so".

For customers, it's straightforward, and for peers, it should be possible
to convince them to make their customers stop announcing 3FFE space.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  92315

SpaceNet AG                    Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14      Tel : +49-89-32356-0
D- 80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-234