New RIPE allocations outside 2001::/16 - filter update time!

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon May 2 12:06:55 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> While you're updating your filters anyway, please revisit your decisions
> and consider using a "relaxed" version. For examples, see:

I guess there could be a middle ground for those who want a low(er)
maintenance version -- allow everything up to /32 or /35, and deny the
rest (except maybe the special microalloc block).  ("Relaxed" allows
everything up to /48 which is quite a bit too relaxed for my taste at
least.)

That would encourage folks not to pollute the global routing table
with their more specifics.