v6 over PPPoA/PPPoE/L2TP for customer DSL

Nick Hilliard nick at netability.ie
Thu Dec 22 09:43:40 CET 2005

> We are terminating L2TP on a Cisco router, with BT provided ADSL, and IPv6
> (and IPv4 Multicast) "just work". For CPE, I'm using a Cisco router (2600 with
> WIC-1ADSL).

There are some interesting features with this set up, in the sense of
the chinese curse.  In particular, Cisco's use of proprietory AV pairs
in their RADIUS implementation, and also CSCsb27784 (ipv6 acls defined
in radius cause immediate connection drop).  There are probably many
others.  All in all, I wouldn't have said that ipv6 pppoe / aaa / etc
support in ios was exactly production quality, but it will mostly work
alright, so long as you don't do anything fancy with it.

Nick