v6 over PPPoA/PPPoE/L2TP for customer DSL

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Thu Dec 22 09:34:22 CET 2005

On Thu Dec 22, 2005 at 08:31:04AM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> > What combinations of customer equpiment/BRAS have people used? What
> > telcos?
>
> L2TPNS (http://sourceforge.net/projects/l2tpns/) under Linux, with BT
> (in the UK) L2TP provided ADSL. I know there are others using a similar
> solution, though I'm not sure how many have enabled IPv6.

We are terminating L2TP on a Cisco router, with BT provided ADSL, and IPv6
(and IPv4 Multicast) "just work". For CPE, I'm using a Cisco router (2600 with
WIC-1ADSL).

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *