v6 over PPPoA/PPPoE/L2TP for customer DSL

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Thu Dec 22 09:31:04 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 08:57:34PM -0500, Joe Abley wrote:
> Has anybody here successfully deployed v6 customer access over some
> telco's wholesale DSL service, e.g. using PPPoE/PPPoA on the customer
> side, and L2TP/IP on the ISP side?

Yes, though we've found very few customers are actually interested in
it.

> What combinations of customer equpiment/BRAS have people used? What
> telcos?

L2TPNS (http://sourceforge.net/projects/l2tpns/) under Linux, with BT
(in the UK) L2TP provided ADSL. I know there are others using a similar
solution, though I'm not sure how many have enabled IPv6.

J.

--
 [         Press any key to continue or any other key to quit         ]
 [ http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/ - IPv6 enabled ADSL/dialup/colo ]