v6 over PPPoA/PPPoE/L2TP for customer DSL

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Thu Dec 22 09:41:37 CET 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Joe Abley wrote:

> Has anybody here successfully deployed v6 customer access over some telco's
> wholesale DSL service, e.g. using PPPoE/PPPoA on the customer side, and
> L2TP/IP on the ISP side?
>
> What combinations of customer equpiment/BRAS have people used? What telcos?

We struggling to enable IPv6 in a wholesale DSL architecture in Hungary
for more than a year now. The IPv6 over DSL is working most of the cases
except when the LAC is a Cisco 10K. The telco does not really help us
since this is not a business for them (they are not planning IPv6 until
2008). We cannot open TAC case to debug the problem since we don't have
Cisco 10K in our network. The LNS we used for testing is Cisco C7206VXR,
the customer equipment we used until now software based systems and  Cisco
831.

Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98