Why used DHCPv6 when RA has RDNSS and DNSSL?

Philip Homburg pch-clue6ops-2 at u-1.phicoh.com
Wed Apr 1 14:20:30 CEST 2020

>We are already 90% of the way here: Make IA_PD work for hosts, not
>just for routers. That way Android handsets can have as many addresses
>as they want.

IA_PD 'works' (for small values of works) for hosts today.

The upstream interface of a CPE is defined as a host instead of a router.

The big gap in IA_PD is that it doesn't specify how routing is supposed to
work. This is fine if IA_PD happens between routers and all routers have a
common routing protocol.

For IA_PD to hosts, including CPEs, there is a varity of hacks to install
the prefix in the FIB of the access router.