IPv6 ingress filtering

Ole Troan otroan at employees.org
Wed May 15 11:56:21 CEST 2019

> Anycast 6to4 needed to be assassinated, and that has more or less happened. If classical unicast 6to4 is still working for a few people, I don't really see any harm in it. Of course I agree that native is better.

As far as I can tell there is really no flavour of 6to4 that can be deployed in a way where it works well.
Even without the anycast IPv4 route, the far end IPv6 node would have to have a good route back to 2002::/16.
If automatic tunnels are required 6RD contains all of the 6to4 issues within the ISP.

Cheers,
Ole