CPE Residential IPv6 Security Poll

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Tue Sep 20 14:15:02 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Should we again push our vendors for PCP/UPnP support?

Sounds like a chicken&egg problem that needs to be solved. Applications won't implement PCP/UPnP support for IPv6 because no router is offering the service, and routers won't implement it because no application is going to use it.

I think we need to push the router side to support it, so that it becomes interesting for applications to try to use it (and give developers the ability to test it).

Cheers,
Sander