SV: SV: SV: CPE Residential IPv6 Security Poll

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sat Oct 1 12:45:26 CEST 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 01:50:07PM +0200, e.vanuden at avm.de wrote:
> CU at BBWF ;-) We are building CPE with IPv6 on board.

Which still can't even do static IPv6 routes or open firewall for
adresses in prefixes not directly connected.

Example: getting a /48 from upstream, either statically routing or
PD'ing this to another inside router. No way to disable firewalling for
those.

Since AVM did close the shell access to the FB, you cannot even manually
add the static routes. So FB with current OS is basically unusable for
anything but directly connected networks (main/guest) in IPv6. I'm
looking for a replacement for my 7390 as this problem doesn't allow me
to upgrade firmware anymore (as I would lose telnet access and thus IPv6
in my home networks).

Nevertheless, welcome to the list. :-)

Best regards,
Daniel