v4 versus v6 -- who connects faster?

Bajpai, Vaibhav v.bajpai at jacobs-university.de
Wed May 25 13:56:16 CEST 2016

Dear v6-ops,

> On 23 May 2016, at 16:30, Bajpai, Vaibhav <v.bajpai at jacobs-university.de> wrote:
>
> Here [a] is a toy v6 service I came up with during the RIPE
> Atlas hackathon over this weekend. Thought I share this along:
>
> [a] http://goo.gl/hbzbwD
>
> You enter a dual-stacked website (ALEXA top 10K) and it shows
> you the difference in TCP connect times over v4 and v6 as seen
> by all dual-stacked RIPE Atlas probes (~1.3K probes). You can
> also filter the visualisation from a specific origin-AS. This
> additional filter can be useful to view performance towards a
> website from a specific origin-AS (say 3320).

FYI:

In 20 minutes from now, I’ll be giving a talk at RIPE 72
describing how these dual stacked RIPE Atlas vantage points were
selected and what is the region-based and network-based
bias associated with using these vantage points.

It will be live streamed:
https://ripe72.ripe.net/programme/meeting-plan/mat-wg

Best, Vaibhav

> Disclaimer: This is an outcome of a 1.5d long hackathon project.
> As such, the codebase is possibly inundated with bugs. Please
> don’t see it as a production service :-)
>
> Feedback most welcome!
>
> Best, Vaibhav

Vaibhav Bajpai
www.vaibhavbajpai.com