v4 versus v6 -- who connects faster?

Fred Baker (fred) fred at cisco.com
Tue May 24 17:45:49 CEST 2016

On May 24, 2016, at 12:56 AM, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.Nether.net> wrote:
> I’ve sent you some credits to get you started on some longer term
> measurements. I’d be interested in finding some way to filter out
> things like google.com vs google.co.uk etc as you are likely measuring
> the same sites and hosts.

I might suggest two steps in selecting targets. When I wonder about such things, I start with either the Alexa or the Quantcast list and "dig" for a AAAA record (or CNAME that has a AAAA record), and ping or curl it. As a next step, what if we add "and has a unique IPv6 address among addresses found so far"?