Netflix hates IPv6

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Wed Jun 15 13:28:37 CEST 2016

Hi Mark and list,

"Townsley.net" <mark at townsley.net> writes:

> Apologies if this has already been suggested, but...
>
> How hard would it be for HE to provide a an API for Netflix to query
> for HE prefixes?
>
> [...]

if this was just an issue between HE and Netflix, then this might be an
option.  But we have way more parties involved on either side, so such
an approach simply doesn't scale.  If we wanted to do something about
this, then it should be done at an IETF or W3C or whatever level
instead.

That said, I personally wouldn't bother to put any effort into
developing, deploying and running a technology that just serves some to
increase their profit based on geographic discrimination.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/