DHCPv6 relay with PD

Templin, Fred L Fred.L.Templin at boeing.com
Wed Jun 8 23:52:28 CEST 2016

Hi Nick,

More on this, please see Section 3.7 on the AERO Routing System (2 pages). It tells
how the DHCPv6 relay can inject delegated prefixes into the routing system without
imparting unacceptable churn and while allowing scaling to many millions of delegated
prefixes. There is a terminology gap to overcome in that an "AERO Server" actually
implements both a DHCPv6 server and relay, while an "AERO Relay" is a simple BGP
router and does not implement any DHCPv6 functions.

The section is only two pages long. Let me know if you have any questions or
comments.

Fred