DHCPv6 relay with PD

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Jun 8 12:48:35 CEST 2016

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016, Ole Troan wrote:

>> I've talked to several people who claim there are lots of equipment out there which will happily do DHCPv6 relaying of PD messages, but then not install a route for the corresponding delegation.
>
> That's perfectly fine behaviour by the way.
> DHCPv6 PD snooping is just one way of doing route injection, among many.

Ok, I invoke https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_astonishment

Does the DHCPv6-PD server backend have access to all information needed to
trigger a provisioning system to install/remove a static route on the
relay?

What other methods are there apart from provisioning a static route on the
relay? BGP?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se