macos Sierra with CGA address?
jeroen at massar.ch
Wed Dec 14 13:10:42 CET 2016
> Actually, it is not a stable address as some have found out (read:
> anecdotal), they also change at re-install and there are a couple of
> other possibilities from what I recall.
* Generate a last-resort interface identifier, when the machine has no
* IEEE802/EUI64 address sources.
* The goal here is to get an interface identifier that is
* (1) random enough and (2) does not change across reboot.
* We currently use SHA1(hostname) for it.
* in6 - upper 64bits are preserved
So good luck when you get a hostname over DHCP :)
There are some other comments there that could be enlightening, but this
code definitely does not match the released code, it is running behind
quite a bit.
More information about the ipv6-ops