A=1 L=0 PIO

Templin, Fred L Fred.L.Templin at boeing.com
Tue Aug 16 16:31:51 CEST 2016

Hi Mikael,

For a shared prefix (e.g., one that is advertised in a PIO and with
'A'=1),  DAD is required regardless of the state of the 'L' bit.

For a prefix that has been delegated for the node's own exclusive
use (e.g., via DHCPv6 PD), addresses can be assigned to the interface
without need for DAD. This becomes important as the number of
assigned addresses becomes large since it avoids the need for
DAD/MLD multicasts. See: 'draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost'.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.templin at boeing.com