A=1 L=0 PIO

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Aug 16 13:47:22 CEST 2016

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016, Enno Rey wrote:

> from my memory: yes to all of those, for common desktop OS (Win, Linux,
> Max OS-X). When we did the lab testing for this one
> (https://www.ernw.de/download/ERNW_Whitepaper_IPv6_RAs_RDNSS_DHCPv6_Conflicting_Parameters.pdf)
> we played a bit with the L-flag as well, so the L=0 + A=1 scenario
> occurred. I don't remember any case where the things you mention did not
> happen. We still have that lab infrastructure so we can repeat (some of)
> the tests with L=1 (and without DHCPv6). Let me know if you (or the
> group) is interested; we can assign a student to the task. (I'm on
> family holiday myself until end of Aug).

I just tried A=1 L=0 with the following operating systems, all fully
updated with whatever latest versions is shipping to normal people.

Windows 10
MacOS 10.11.6
iOS 9.3.4
Android 5.1.1
Linux 14.04 LTS

They all did what I consider "the right thing". They autoconfigured
addresses and used them, and they did DAD on the link.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se