Ubuntu 16.04

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Apr 22 13:39:49 CEST 2016

Hi,

I have a pretty standard Ubuntu 14.04 machine I just upgraded to 16.04,
which means I get a "4.4.0-21-generic" kernel.

I guess I'm using straight up network manager, because my
/etc/network/interfaces doesn't mention anything about eth0 or wlan0, only
lo.

In the GUI, it came default with "privacy extensions disabled".

I used to administrate this device using its EUI64 based SLAAC address,
which was stable across reboots. Now with 16.04, I get two addresses, none
of them stable across reboots.

Anyone know what the thought is behind this? I want to continue using
SLAAC and I'm fine with privacy extension addresses over time, but I want
a single stable address across reboots.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se