Cost of IPv6 for IT operations team

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Fri Mar 27 09:27:23 CET 2015

Without a detailed look at the client this kind of question falls in the
realm of my kid's story problems in her mathematics book - pretty
sounding things that are utterly divorced from reality.

I will just say this, however:

If you do NOT deploy IPv6 then yes it will save labor.  Depending on how
disorganized the clients network is, that could be a lot of time or a
little.

But as for operations costs, I would say, zero

The reason is if you don't deploy sooner or later you will have a
problem related to IPv6.  Then you will spends lots of time finding and
correcting.  That time is roughly equal to the extremely small amount
of additional time that the techs deal with IPv6 on a network that has
had it properly setup.

Ted