Samsung phones block WiFi IPv6 when sleeping, delayed notifications

Ross Chandler ross at eircom.net
Wed Jun 10 10:09:20 CEST 2015

> On 10 Jun 2015, at 06:33, John Mann <john.mann at monash.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We have noticed that Samsung Android phones and tablets on dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 WiFi experience delayed Google notifications when the screen is off.
> This issue is blocking the enabling of IPv6 across our large campus WiFi network.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this behaviour and escalated this to Samsung, or found a fix?

I see that. I don’t think the problem is confined to Samsung or that it can be completed solved in isolation from fixing wireless AP router behaviour.
At the edge of the WiFi network I also see the IPv6 connectivity dropping while IPv4 stays up. I’ve a ZyXEL home router that sends periodic RAs every 15 seconds
and a Huawei home router that sends them every 1800 seconds.

It isn’t production ready yet.

Ross