Question: connect to IPv6 site via http proxy using literal IPv6 address?

David Forrest mapleparkdevelopment at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 20:47:11 CET 2015

It is possible that the server at the literal address uses the virtual name
to serve the page from that address.  I do so in an IPv6 enabled cloud
machine.  Since the name I wanted served is by a server that serves several
sites depending on the name,  trying to do what you asked resulted in me
getting the default page per my server config.  Now I'll go back and add
the literal address as a separate virtual name.  Thanks for bringing my
config error to my attention as I had intended that server to serve it and
had only put up the dns entry to tell it to go there.  Others may have done
so also and if so, you'd get their default page.