some mirrors of opensuse-repos seem to be broken

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Fri Apr 17 12:16:58 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-17 12:08, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know you are not the support of opensuse, and I don't ask how to
> disable IPv6. (I know it.)
> But in the last two weeks I observe strange slow speeds to
> opensuse-repos via IPv6.
> Unfortunately the tool zypper connects some servers in parallel, so I
> don't know which is the problematic one.

Wireshark your connection, then do a TCP analysis and you will see the
ones giving issues.

Tracepathing/routing the IP addresses seen in there can also show some
details.

Very likely that some ignorant has turned on ICMPv6 firewalling, just
like Amazon is doing (or their load balancers are just like those of
Google which drop it for them as they don't want to bother handling
flow-distribution of ICMPv6... *sigh*)

Greets,
 Jeroen