some mirrors of opensuse-repos seem to be broken

Thomas Schäfer thomas at cis.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Apr 17 12:08:54 CEST 2015

Hi,

I know you are not the support of opensuse, and I don't ask how to
disable IPv6. (I know it.)
But in the last two weeks I observe strange slow speeds to
opensuse-repos via IPv6.
Unfortunately the tool zypper connects some servers in parallel, so I
don't know which is the problematic one.

If you are administrating a mirror at a university, isp, ....
please check your IPv6-interfaces/firewalls.

I have the problem from two different native locations. (dfn, dtag)

"google" shows the problem isn't new, but at the moment I think it is
very bad.

Thanks for the attention.

Thomas

PS: via IPv4 zypper runs fast, so I think the servers are not overloaded

--

There’s no place like ::1

Thomas Schäfer (Systemverwaltung)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Centrum für Informations- und Sprachverarbeitung
Oettingenstraße 67 Raum C109
80538 München ☎ +49/89/2180-9706  ℻ +49/89/2180-9701