Google IPv6 measurements in Europe appear heading down...

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Fri Oct 24 10:32:24 CEST 2014

* erik.taraldsen at telenor.com

> Telenor Norway has had an pretty steep growth in IPv6 enabled
> subscribers since the summer.  We are the larges ISP in Norway, so
> rollouts we do usually are somewhat reflected in the graphs.  On the
> fixed access (DSL and fiber) we had approx. 60.000 lines 1. oct.
> Today (24.oct) we have more than 100.000 lines activated.  Yet the
> graph for Norway shows an flattening in the same time period.
> https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/compare.php?metric=p&countries=no.

I've been somewhat puzzled about Google's Norway graph as well. If you
zoom in, there is a dramatic increase between the 25th of September and
the 7th of October, from 4.22% to 5.85%. In the same period, my own
data from VG has been rather stable, peaking at about 4.5% (see
http://goo.gl/XvoNLE).

I do see a more gradual increase during October due to
Telenor's roll-out (see http://goo.gl/7OWJqL), especially visible in the
last few weeks. However, as Erik points out, in the same period (after
the 7th of October), the Google graph has hardly moved. Very odd.

Tore