6to4 in Internet aaaa records

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Oct 13 09:54:53 CEST 2014

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, Nick Edwards wrote:

> boxes, the box is dual stack, we just need 6yp4 to send ipv6 onto its
> ipv4 address -  oh and before some bright spark says it, because we

>From reading the above, 6to4 isn't what you think it is. 6to4 is a way to
tunnel IPv6 on top of IPv4, it's not a translation mechanism.

It seems you want a load balancer that can take an IPv6 incoming TCP
connection and talk to your IPv4 only news server... or you want to just
add a TCP bouncer that'll listen to an IPv6 socket and connect this
together with a new IPv4 socket call to ::1.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se