Teredo sunset - did it happen?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 19:12:49 CET 2014

On 17/11/2014 17:43, Darren Pilgrim wrote:

>> Any ideas what's going on? Microsoft, anyone care to comment?
>
> Microsoft released an Windows Update for the prefix policy table.  The
> update dropped Teredo's precedence to lower than IPv4.

Just to be clear - are you suggesting they did this instead of
sunsetting Teredo altogether?

In any case, I was always under the impression this was the day-one
experience - Teredo would only be used to talk to another Teredo DNS
name or an IPv6-only name in the absence of native IPv6. Am I mistaken?