[ipv6-ops] Re: Question about IPAM tools for v6

Aaron Hughes aaronh at tcp0.com
Wed Jan 29 20:55:21 CET 2014

As one of the founders of 6connect, we had initially, years ago, only allowed for delegation down to the /64. Client demand dictated support down to the /128 and has been that way for a couple of years. People still implement v6 in very odd ways. A common example I have seen is where someone uses .. say a /21 v4 per VLAN and matches it with a /118 of v6 to keep with their existing provisioning policy. We've had to build in all kinds of unrecommended capabilities for customers and I expect the rest will have to do the same. Same for DHCPv6 BTW.

Cheers,
Aaron

--

Aaron Hughes
aaronh at tcp0.com
+1-703-244-0427
Key fingerprint = AD 67 37 60 7D 73 C5 B7  33 18 3F 36 C3 1C C6 B8
http://www.tcp0.com/