I can fetch the header of websites via IPv6 but not the webpage, why?

Tue Jan 21 21:48:26 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Tore Anderson <tore at fud.no> wrote:

> As Erik mentions, lowering the TCP MSS will likely work around the
> problem. You can probably do this by having the RAs your router emits to
> the LAN advertise an MTU of 1452 to match your tunnel (which in turn
> should make your desktop default to a TCP MSS of 1392), and/or have your
> router rewrite ("clamp") the MSS value in TCP packets it forwards
> to/from the tunnel to 1392.

Unless a party has one single IPv6-enabled machine, clamping MSS on
the gateway is probably preferable.

> Or, even better, get rid of the tunneling crap and get native IPv6. This
> is a very common problem for IPv6 tunnels. As a web site operator I
> would actually prefer it if people stayed IPv4-only until their ISP
> could provide them with properly supported IPv6 connectivity. Oh well...

Most people don't have that liberty as of right now; increasing
adoption is arguably better, especially considering that a lot of
people developing software need to fix part of the ecosystem.

Richard