So, time for some real action?

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Thu Feb 6 19:01:18 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 06:52:49PM +0100, Andrew ?  Yourtchenko wrote:
> On 2/6/14, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Maybe. But this phrase:
> >
> > "If turning IPv4 off results in inability to perform our job for our
> > employers, we tell them the reason and take a day off."
> >
> > ...does not send a good message. I would be inclined to tell the member
> > of staff to get their a**e into work and stop acting like such a child.
> >

> Last time I checked, anyone with available days off can take them at
> any time for any reason.

I can see it now:

Employee: "I can't work today because I've turned off IPv4 and none of our systems support IPv6. So I won't be coming in to the office."

Boss: "So you're taking a vacation day."

Employee: "Yes, but I also won't be using any IPv4."

Boss: "Fine, just make sure you're here tomorrow with your eye-pee-whatever turned on."

Bill.