PTR records for IPv6

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 6 13:20:36 CEST 2013

On 06/09/13 11:37, Tim Chown wrote:

> In a university environment, you won't have control of the vast
> majority of devices which will be a myriad of BYODs, most of which
> have IPv6 on by default, and privacy addresses on by default. Our
> view was to accept that and instead monitor the network devices.

+1 - although we use a locally-developed bit of software, it basically
does the same thing. IMHO, waiting on some future notional re-working of
privacy addresses is not useful - they're here, and need to be dealt with.

(That said, it would be good if someone could hit Apple with a
clue-stick regarding their crappy hyper-fast PA rollover...)