Over-utilisation of v6 neighbour slots

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sat Oct 26 13:23:50 CEST 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:55:05AM +0200, Andrew Yourtchenko wrote:
> <rant>I presume that those who want ultimate privacy have inspected
> their browsers to not do evercookies[1], removed any features in their
> browsers identifying them via the fingerprint, and ensured that the
> call-home feature of their favourite operating system and the apps is
> deactivated, as well as taking care that they manually reconfigure the
> new mac address on each new connection. </rant>

Excellent point. Identification via IP address is the least point of
concern to me (as long as the host part doesn't use a GUID of course).

But making a lot of fuzz about prefix randomization like some German
ISPs do in the press nicely distracts from the real powerful
identification methods you mentioned - which are widely used.

Best regards,
Daniel