Over-utilisation of v6 neighbour slots

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Thu Oct 24 14:37:25 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 01:27:34PM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 01:20:17PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> > Apple is free to provide a reasonable implementation right away...  not
> > that they would change it, just because there is an RFC...
>
> Given their ignorance of collateral damage done to operators, users
> and IPv6 deployment in general by their implementation of Happy
> Eyeballs (alias "Hampering Eyeballs"), I have zero hope.

My recollection of the complaint about Apple's implementation is that it doesn't bias the choice in favor of IPv6; is that the root of the problem? If so, I'm not sure I can fault them; choosing the better path is difficult, and no algorithm will always make the correct choice, but choosing without bias is certainly not a technical flaw (even though we may wish to push IPv6 for reasons other than performance).

Bill.