http://www.6assist.net/ - call for test

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Fri May 10 19:49:42 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-10 19:28 , Marcin Gondek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far it's dedicated for IPv6 PI holder (not always it is a ISP - like me)
> which are not a transit providers for other than it's own users or usage,
> the idea from NetAssist is OK.

> I'm really happy that more IPv6 initatives are comming. Today mostly HE
> taking all tunneled bgp session, it's good to have some alternative and
> redundancy for IPv6 traffic. Maybe HE will loose monopoly of this

Given the fact that various real transits exist and provide native IPv6,
how exactly are they having a "monopoly"? Especially given when some
real traffic starts flowing like in IPv4 the "freeness" is likely going
the way of the dodo[1] quite quickly

> Happy BGP-tunneled NetAssist user.
>
> AS56662 (open for IPv6 peering, only tunneled :-))

And what is the reason for it being tunneled?

>From your own aut-num:

remarks:        === This ASN is IPv6 only ===
remarks:        === U P S T R E A M ===
remarks:        INOTEL (PL/PL)
mp-import:      afi ipv6.unicast from AS44514 accept ANY
mp-export:      afi ipv6.unicast to AS44514 announce AS-EUTPNET
remarks:        CDP (PL/PL)
mp-import:      afi ipv6.unicast from AS12968 accept ANY
mp-export:      afi ipv6.unicast to AS12968 announce AS-EUTPNET
remarks:        HE (DE/DE)
mp-import:      afi ipv6.unicast from AS6939 accept ANY
mp-export:      afi ipv6.unicast to AS6939 announce AS-EUTPNET
remarks:        INIT7 (DE/DE)
mp-import:      afi ipv6.unicast from AS13030 accept ANY
mp-export:      afi ipv6.unicast to AS13030 announce AS-EUTPNET
remarks:        DA-NET (DE/ID)
mp-import:      afi ipv6.unicast from AS7587 accept ANY
mp-export:      afi ipv6.unicast to AS7587 announce AS-EUTPNET
remarks:        NETASSIST (DE/UA)
mp-import:      afi ipv6.unicast from AS29632 accept ANY
mp-export:      afi ipv6.unicast to AS29632 announce AS-EUTPNET
remarks:        ===  D O W N S T R E A M ===

Seems you have quite a few transits that are capable of native...

Only announces 2001:67c:21ec::/48

Ah, end-user PI...... yes now we understand, free is good. Hopefully the
free providers you use have a business case they can keep up...

Above you claim "which are not a transit providers for other than it's
own users or usage" while you have "downstreams"... wow.

As stated, for playing/experimenting tunneling is fine, for anything
else you want to go native. You obviously could go native, you likely
(and logically if it is private) don't want to pay for that though.

Greets,
 Jeroen

[1] and as a funny anecdote from a visit to Mauritius, something that
apparently the Dutch caused; interesting that they didn't teach that in
school and you have to either wikipedia it or get told by the limo
driver why they are not there anymore ;)