slaac/privacy extensions disable at boottime at linux

Thomas Schäfer thomas at cis.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jun 25 11:25:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

more and more linux-distributors switch on privacy extensions by
default. In my LAN I have router advertisements on because of
dynamically configured mobile devices. But I also have PCs with static
addresses. Unfortunately sysctl-rules catch some seconds to late. So the
NFS-configuration fails, afterwards postfix fails and so on.

My question is: Is there a kernel boot option to disable SLAAC
completely or at least the
net.ipv6.conf.default.use_tempaddr

Regards,
Thomas

--

There’s no place like ::1

Thomas Schäfer (Systemverwaltung)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Centrum für Informations- und Sprachverarbeitung
Oettingenstraße 67 Raum C109
80538 München ☎ +49/89/2180-9706  ℻ +49/89/2180-9701