MS HyperV virtual switch blocking IPv6 RAs?

Antonio Querubin tony at lavanauts.org
Mon Jun 3 10:32:37 CEST 2013

Anybody know how to enable RA propagation through a HyperV virtual switch?
I am running into some difficulty getting a Microsoft HyperV virtual
switch to pass RAs to the attached VMs.  However, the host (Windows 2012
Server) is receiving the RAs and is able to do SLAAC.  I've looked at the
various virtual switch config knobs but don't see anything that should be
preventing the RAs from passing through the host and virtual switch to the
VMs (the VMs are in the same VLAN as the router sending the RAs).  There
is an RA guard feature that can be enabled per virtual switch port but I
have it disabled.

Antonio Querubin
e-mail:  tony at lavanauts.org
xmpp:  antonioquerubin at gmail.com