option 212 for 6RD

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Jan 25 09:52:18 CET 2013

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013, Trevor Warwick (twarwick) wrote:

> In IOS 15.2(4)M and later, the "ip tcp adjust-mss" command will also
> cause the same configured value to be used for adjusting IPv6 TCP
> connections.

I tried this on my 6rd tunnel interface and it didn't work (no change seen
on IPv6 MSS in either direction).

After reading your email I also tried to configure it on the uplink
interfaces (they do IPv4/IPv6 native forwarding, no MPLS), and it didn't
seem to make any difference (command used was "ip tcp adjust-mss 1200").

Cisco IOS Software, 7301 Software (C7301-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version
15.2(4)M2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

c7301-advipservicesk9-mz.152-4.M2.bin

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se