option 212 for 6RD

Ivan Pepelnjak ipepelnjak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:05:39 CET 2013

Could we all agree that (A) jumbo frames, (B) multiple routers per subnet and (C) all other concoctions like bridged domains with mismatched MTU are out of scope of the original topic?

The original question was "how do I deploy residential CPE with 6rd with minimum support costs" ... and let's add "for 99.9% of my users" to the question to avoid geeks jumping in claiming they need (your-favorite-feature) supported by $99 CPE. Do we all agree reduced MTU on LAN side advertised in RA messages is the best solution given current state of reality?

Everything else discussed in the last few days (although intellectually interesting) is just another illustration of how immature a certain protocol is ;) Go write an IETF draft to fix it.

Kind regards,
Ivan