6to4 status (again)

Brzozowski, John Jason jjmb at jjmb.com
Thu Feb 28 13:15:12 CET 2013

Keith we feel this way as such we deployed 6to4 relays.  Since our
customers were using the same we wanted to make sure it worked as well as
it could even though 6to4 offers a sub-optimal experience similar to other
tunneling technologies we ran trials for but did not deploy.  One of the
main differences with 6to4 is it is there whether we want it to be or not,
this is a bi-product of decisions that were made collectively year ago.

We do feel that 6to4 traffic will go up before it goes down as native IPv6
deployment increases.  Only when native IPv6 reaches reaches a tipping
point do I believe 6to4 we will see a decline in 6to4 traffic and usage.

John