multiple prefixes

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 09:09:17 CET 2013

On 12/02/2013 14:08, Seth Mos wrote:
> On 12-2-2013 14:38, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

>>> Since you likely need(want?) a firewall when implementing NPtv6 you can
>>> probably just turn it on your platform.
>>>
>>> In the Open Source firewall pfSense version 2.1 it comes standard with
>>> the other IPv6 support.
>> Which ALGs are included?
>
> None.
>
> Was that a requirement of sorts? For a lot of client or server initiated
> traffic, it works very similar to what we are used to.

Yes, but surely enterprises will expect (I hate to write this) feature-equivalence
with NAPT44? Doesn't that mean you need a minimum set of ALGs?

> With a few of the drawbacks ofcourse. I am not saying that SIP will just
> work.

I'm sure it won't, although for a protocol designed long after NAT became
prevalent, SIP is remarkably resistant to reality, so my sympathy is
limited.

   Brian