multiple prefixes

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:09:43 CET 2013

On 11/02/2013 18:31, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 02/11/2013 10:22 AM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> Doug,

>>> The fact that this is demonstrably untrue has been demonstrated many
>>> times.
>>
>> Can you cite the evidence for that? I've seen exactly the opposite
>> assertion recently too, and I am curious to know the facts of the
>> matter.
>
> You mean other than the dozens of times operators have made the
> statement that they care about renumbering?

No. I mean your apparent denial that organisations "should be able to obtain/afford
PI."

Of course I know that sites don't like renumbering. I presided over two site
renumberings during my misspent youth and I am an author of RFC 5887 and
several 6renum drafts, so you can take it that I grok the problem.

   Brian

For most enterprises,